7 Fatal Kitchen Tools
- Hand towels
Hand towels are the most common kitchen item used everywhere. But did you ever give it a thought that the hand towels can be the dirtiest thing in the entire kitchen! This is because we often tend to use the same towel before washing our hands, after washing our hands, for wiping the utensils or for holding the hot utensils. kitchen Accessories Just read it again and think that the same towel being used for every purpose! In order to avoid, keep at least 3 towels for different purpose and make a regular habit of washing them in every 2 weeks in warm water. This will keep them clean and free of germs.
- Plastic containers
Plastic containers are commonly used in kitchens but in order to retain their quality of preservative and freshness, they include huge amount of toxic chemicals. Avoid keeping fresh vegetables in plastic containers as they add up to harmful chemicals. Also it is advisable to use glass or borosil containers for heating dishes in microwave as microwave contains harmful rays and using plastic containers only add up to the health risks.
Kitchen sinks can be a regular place for the bacteria to breed and cause health diseases. Dirty utensils kept in the sink for a longer periods of time builds a mini house for the bacteria and make an environment filled with germs. Ensure that the kitchen sink is regularly cleaned and dirty dishes must not be kept for long.
Gas stoves carry a huge risk in kitchen. Ensure that the burners are always closed when not in use. Gas stoves or burners release harmful gases and can lead to fire in the kitchen. Nowadays the use of LPG pipelines have increased in comparison to gas cylinders. Unlike gas cylinders, pipes are comparatively more safe and feasible but they too can cause short circuit in case of any small leakage.
Sponges are used as a cleaning material but it can itself be one of the harmful kitchen substance.
Once the dish cleaning is done do not leave the sponge wet. It attracts bacteria and germs very quickly. Rinse it thoroughly after the use or keep it in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will dry put the sponge and retain the bacteria entering into it.